November 30, 2018 was the day that I always remember. It was on Friday. I had a late sleep thus I arrived office nearly late at 11 am. That was the day that I quit from a giant Indonesian company for my career switching. I was extremely surprised with the loving-escort expression of the colleagues surround me. They accompanied me until the the car-park building as children not wanting to be left by their parents to work. They also gave me some gifts. Most of them are related to what I need to in the next journey that I chose. It seems that they know everything that I need to. Those are such as a presenter laser, a paper-white Kindle (coz I really like reading), a testimonies scrapped book, a 3-D elegant framed picture that contains me at the center and 22 good looking people that I have interacted for almost 15 months. Thank You so much guys, Telkomsel MSIGHT team. That means a lot to me.
One of the presents that brought tears to my eyes was the testimonies written in the scrapped book. I had no clues. I didn’t feel that I deserve those such kind of a loving-expression. Really. Because I didn’t do something big. I just follow what I believe that I have to give the best that I can. Even though you won’t be rewarded right away. Nothing more.
A night before my resignation, I was able to prepare the gifts towards them too, although I arrived late at home. It was 11:30 pm. My gifts were like response-gifts. Some of them said so. I chose water bottles. Literally, I want them to remember how important to make their body hydrate. The water bottle with some motivational quotes. The general quotes was “Keberhasilan adalah kegagalan yang Gagal”. It was in Bahasa Indonesia and it means “A Success is a failed failure”. Meaning that we need to stay persistent and repeat to achieve our goals.
I also prepared carefully with some personalised motivational quotes. Some of them are handpicked from famous people. Some of them just crossed into my mind. I might not reveal the quotes were dedicated to whom, but the list of personalised quotes are as follow:
- Listen to and follow your heart, it may lead you for a happy life. (My quote, revised by my wife).
- Before responding with angry, take a deep breath and count to x if he/she is x years older or younger than you. for x = 1, x<= diff. years, x++; echo x; end. (My quote).
- Have courage to think differently, to invent to travel the unexplored path, to discover the impossible. (APJ Abdul Kalam).
- Anyone who stop learning is old, anyone who keeps learning stays young. (Henry Ford)
- Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act. (Paulo Coelho).
- Truth is everybody is going to hurt you. Just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. (Bob Marley).
- Most smile are started by another smile. (Frank A Clark)
- Keep share your smile with the world, it’s symbol of peace and friendship. (Jim Morrison).
- Always remember, you have within you the strength, patience, and passion to reach your goals.
- A leader is a dealer in hope. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
- Positivity, confidence, and persistence are keys in life, so never give up on yourself. (Khalid)
- When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe, but your daughter. (Jessica Lange).
- Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. (Collossians 3:23)
- Alone we can do so littles, together we can do so much. (Helen Keller).
- Wise men speak so much because they have something to say. Fools because they have to say something. (Plato).
- If you fell down yesterday, stand up for today. (HG Wells).
- Work like you don’t need money. Love like you have never been hurt. (Sathel Paige)
- Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend first four hours sharpening the axe. Always prepare, always learn. (Abraham Lincoln).
- When you plant you harvest. When you give you receive. Many times you don’t get reward right away. Keep serving anyway. (Bo Sanchez, with some modification.)
- We make mistakes, we learn from them and we don’t make again. (Tomi Mester).
- A dream doesn’t become reality through magic, it takes sweat, determination and hard works. (Collin Powell).
- You are never too old to start learning and you are never too young to aim high and achieve great things. (Asa Hutchitson).
Long story short, I decided to start new official journey as a Data Scientist trainer next year, January 2019. I have been involving in few trainings and classes since the beginning of 2018. Those made me realise that I found my passion in that role. I am happy to create and curate new materials for trainings, I am happy to deliver the training sessions, and I am extremely happy when one of the students told me that he was accepted as an employee at the big company overseas. The priceless feeling.